Causes of bad health|Food & Drinks
People who suffer from an imbalance between water and fire energy can cause a person to become unhealthy. According to Heshoutang Natural Health, there are three causes of illness:
- Consumption of food & drink intake, work & leisure, heredity, and sex.
- Foods and drinks have five temperature properties and six taste properties. The five temperature properties refer to warm, cool, cold, hot, and neutral; the six taste properties refer to sour, sweet, bitter, spicy, salty, and bland.
- Cool is the opposite of warm. Cold is opposite to hot.
- Cool/cold is water energy, and it can clean heat/hot/fire toxins. It can replenish water energy to make water and balance fire energy.
- Cool/cold is used for hot/hyper problems. If you are normal, or cool/cold has made you normal but continue to take cool/cold herbs, a person creates a water toxin in the body which makes it cold. That is why even for normal people, taking cold herbs cannot be taken often. Once cold herbs finish their task, the dosage of cold herbs should be reduced or stopped completely.
- Warm/hot is fire energy. It can remove cold toxins and replenish fire energy to make water and fire energy balanced.
- Warm/hot is used for cold/hypo problems. If you are normal, or warm/hot has made you normal but you keep using warm/hot things (including foods & drinks and herbal products), warm/hot will become a fire toxin and make you hot. That is why even for normal people, taking hot food/drinks/herbal products cannot be taken often. Once hot herbs finish their task, the dosage of hot herbs should be reduced or stopped completely.
- If you want to know what kind of food & drinks you should take, you need to know what kind of property your body is. If you feel cold, have no energy, have a pale face, weak voice, loose or watery stool, your problem becomes worse in cold weather or at night, or you have hypofunction of your body, generally this means your body is cold. On the contrary, if you feel that your body is hot, have a red face, strong voice, constipation, or hyperfunction of your body, generally this means your body is hot.
- If your body has a cold property, you should avoid consuming or use less of cool/cold herbs, food, or drink. It is recommended that you use more herbs, food, or drink with warm/hot properties. If your body has hot properties, you should avoid hot/warm herbs, food, or drink. It is recommended that you use more herbs with cool/cold properties. Everyone can take neutral foods and drinks but must avoid being too full and should not eat late at night.
- We have listed properties of common foods and drinks below as reference.
- Warm Gains: Glutinous rice, black rice, sago, sorghum.
- Cool Grains: Millet, wheat, big sale, buckwheat, coix seed, mung bean.
- Neutral Grains: Rice, corn, barley, rice bran (rice bran), sweet potato (potato, sweet potato), sesame, soybean, rice cowpea (white bean), peas, lentils, broad beans, red beans, black soybeans, oats.
- Warm Meat: Beef, beef tripe, beef marrow, lamb, lamb, lamb, lamb bone, lamb marrow, chicken, black chicken, goat milk, shrimp, cockles (clams), silver carp, hairtail, bream, catfish, halibut, minnow (white stripe), trout, eel(lake), big head fish.
- Cool Meat: Duck meat, horse milk, abalone.
- Cold Meat: Duck eggs (slightly cold), crabs, clams, oyster meat, viviparidae, mussels, clam meat (river clams), mullet, octopus.
- Neutral Meat: Pork, pork heart, pig kidney, pig liver, egg, quail, milk (slightly cold), yogurt, human milk, turtle (slightly cold), loach, eel(sea), crucian carp, herring.
- Warm Fruits: Peach, apricot, jujube, lychee, longan meat, bergamot, lemon(slightly warm), kumquat, bayberry, pomegranate, papaya, betel nut, pine nuts, walnut kernel, cherry.
- Cool Fruits: Apple (slightly cool), pear, reed orange, orange, strawberry (slightly cool), mango, loquat, mangosteen, water chestnut, lotus seed core, lily.
- Cold Fruits: Persimmon, grapefruit, banana, mulberry, carambola, fig, kiwi, sugar cane, watermelon, melon.
- Neutral Fruits: Plums, shago, pineapples, grapes, olives, sunflower seeds, juniper berries, pumpkin seeds, guoshi (chicken fruit), lotus seeds, coconut juice, cypress nuts, peanuts, ginkgo, hazelnuts, hawthorn, chestnut.
- Warm Vegetables: Spring onion, garlic, leek, coriander (coriander), snow red, onion, toon head, pumpkin.
- Cool Vegetables: Tomatoes, celery, eggplant, rape, kohlrabi, wild rice, amaranth, marran, spinach, lettuce, cauliflower, artemisia, tofu, gluten, lotus root, winter melon, sweet potato, loofah, cucumber, sea celery, mushrooms, enoki.
- Cold Vegetables: Cigu (slightly cold), purslane, convolvulus, auricularia, arborescens, bamboo shoots (slightly cold), hyacinth, cabbage, kelp, seaweed, ground ear, straw mushroom, bitter melon, water chestnut.
- Hot Vegetables: Chili
- Neutral Vegetables: Chinese yam, radish, carrot, cabbage, garland chrysanthemum, kohlrabi, green cabbage, hen head, tempeh, cowpea, potato, taro, ginger, jellyfish, black fungus, shiitake mushroom, oyster mushroom, hericium Mushrooms and gourds.
- Warm Others: Ginger, Amomum, Zanthoxylum, Perilla, Cumin, Clove, Star Anise, Fennel, Shannai, Liquor, Vinegar, Black Tea, Soda, Coffee, Brown Sugar, Osmanthus.
Hot: Cinnamon, Pepper.
- Cool Others: Green tea, honey, royal jelly, hops, sophora japonica (acacia), chrysanthemum, mint, fat sea, white peony root, Adenophora, American ginseng, cassia seed.
Cold Others: Soy sauce, noodle sauce, salt, honeysuckle, bitter cauliflower, bitter gourd tea, bitter tea, thatch root, reed root, alum.
- Neutral Others: White sugar, rock sugar (slightly cool), soy milk, wolfberry (slightly warm), ganoderma lucidum, white fungus (slightly cool), bird's nest, corn beard, yellow essence, gastrodia, codonopsis, Poria, hay, chicken gold, jujube seed, vegetable oil, sesame oil, peanut oil , Soybean oil, caramel.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.